Thursday, January 23, 2014

There's An Explanation For That

Okay, maybe there isn't, but if you finding yourself scrambling for answers online because your wife's breasts don't hurt, or she has cramps, chances are you're overreacting.

And that's great, it means your into this thing 100%. 

It's easy for me to type about overreacting, but I know that at any moment I could be doing the same thing as you.

Your lady is going to go through so many feelings, pangs, aches, worries about the aches going away, tender breasts, cramps, you name it.  Every time my wife worried about something new, I was on the computer searching for a sign that everything was normal.  And usually I found the answer, sometimes I didn't. 

What I did find as a whole, through online searching and talking with friends and family, was that every pregnancy is different. One woman may feel great, while another is puking her brains out.  My wife had sore breasts all through the first trimester, her friend never did at all.  I know a woman who had three kids, all boys, and each pregnancy was different. 

After a while you'll stop the online searches, or the tearing-through of your copy of "What To Expect When You're Expecting." Normally, the problem will subside, and if it doesn't, chances are this is a new thing she's going to have to deal with for a week or two.  

Just always try remain calm and attentive. Monitor your lady and make sure she's comfortable. If she's panicked it's probably a good idea if you don't. Even if you are a wreck inside.  And hey, if you are really that worried you can call your doctor, or continue your online research, for piece of mind.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to forget everything I just told you and go surf the internet about ankle-swelling relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment